Currently, plant-based brands are concerned about sourcing issues regarding ingredients for emerging plant-based concepts; this presents a serious challenge since ingredient sourcing is highly customized and inherently more challenging. Zeroing on the right fit ingredient and a sustainable sourcing strategy for the same is proving to be the key differentiator in this industry.
And then again with novel plant based ingredients, comes the unique challenge for food safety. This requires effective and optimum formulations, stringent food safety measures, using the right equipment to deliver on product safety and shelf life.
On October 13 at Future Market Insights webcast, we discuss with some of the leading players in the plant based ecosystem on how they are actively working towards their ingredient innovation, sourcing, and also delivering on food safety!
Summit Sponsors and Partner
Partial registration list – 500+ and counting!
50% C level representation
- Winning sourcing strategies for plant proteins
- Streamlining supply chains in the plant based industry
- Innovations in plant protein
- Meeting demand for clean label ingredients
- Dominant food safety measures for the plant based industry
During the webcast, we will throw light on the following avenues
- Top ingredients in use and their demand forecast, market metrics
- Availability, formulation flexibility, price competitiveness of ingredients
- How to increase diversity of ingredients
- How to incorporate novel plant protein ingredients that include additional claims such as allergen-free, organic, non-GMO, high fiber, high protein among others
- Meeting the demand for clean label Ingredients
- Bringing innovations in the protein itself
- Including suitable macro and micronutrients to provide the right balance of proteins and nutrition
- Mimicking taste, texture, succulence of animal derived food
- Not only taste, texture, but also simulating meat colour
Founder and CEO, Equinom
Gil Shalev is the visionary, entrepreneur and driving force behind Equinom. Prior to founding the company, Gil was an executive at a Vilmorin & Cie subsidiary and co-founded a flower-breeding start-up. Gil earned a PhD in plant genetics from Hebrew University in Jerusalem. His research achievements include developing integrated sequencing technology for breeding and discovering new plant genes and gene combinations. Gil sees better, naturally bred plant-based ingredients – which Equinom technology enables – as an important, sustainable and pragmatic solution to our global health and climate crises.
Nandini Roy Chaudhary
Client Partner, F&B - Future Market Insights
Prof.dr.ir. AJ (Atze Jan) van der Goot
Professor- Wageningen University and Research (Department of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences)
T Colin Campbell
Professor and President of the Board of Directors- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
Executive Director, Plant Based Foods Industry Association
Sourcing Strategies: The key differentiator in Plant Based Industry
Who should Attend :
- Players in the plant-based ecosystem including plant based brands
- Ingredient manufacturers
- Enterprises in food safety, food tech, food innovation, plant nutrition research & academic institutions
- Plant based associations
- Non-profit organizations
October 13, 2022